Lake Tye Park is the newer of the City’s two larger community parks. It is part of a 70-acre property deeded to the City as partial park mitigation for the Fryelands developments. The southernmost 7.5 acres has been dedicated to the Monroe School District for an elementary school. The rest of the property consists of a 42-acre lake and a 20-acre park. After more than four years and more than $1 million of development, this park is nearly completed. It includes a non-guarded swimming beach and pedestrian boat launch, picnic shelter, restroom and concession building, tennis and basketball courts, full-sized baseball field, large, fully-equipped children’s play area, full-size soccer field, softball field, and parking for around 150 vehicles.
Lake Tye park offers ample shorefishing opportunities and is home to pumpkinseed, bullhead cat, largemouth bass, and rainbow trout.
The lake is open year-round and is known for it’s large number of holdover rainbows. It was stocked with both catchable and triploid trout in March of 2013.
Check out the 2016 summer line up of events hosted at Lake Tye Park.
- Every Wednesday from 3 pm to 7 pm starting June 22 to September 7–Farm to Table Farmers Market
- June 11: Model Boat Races
- June 18: TriMonroe Youth Triathlon
- July 10: Model Boat Races
- July 15: 7 pm Longstride Band (Reggae-Rock-Grove)
- July 22: 7 pm Knut Bell and The Blue Collars (American-Alt Country)
- July 29: 7 pm Dana Osborn Band (Eclectic mix of old, new and original) Title Sponsor: Windermere Monroe
- July 29-31: all day NW Wakesurf Open
- August 5: 8 pm Movies Under The Moon-Inside Out
- August 12: 8 pm Movies Under The Moon-Pixels
- August 13-14: INT Wakesurf Event
- August 19: 8 pm Movies Under The Moon-Jurassic World
- August 21: 9 am Beats Summer half marathon and 10K
- August 26: 8 pm Movies Under The Moon-Star Wars The Force Awakens
- September 17: Model Boat Races